So I've been on a cooking kick that last little bit. I have to say that I love to put together skillet , crock pot, and casserole type meals, but I am terrible with baking or using yeast. So I thought I would try to bake a cake. Chocolate Cake is Cody's fave so I gave it a try and it worked so I wanted to share the recipe. Tyra and I both get this free magazine "Kraft Food and Family" that is full of EASY and yummy recipes. Go to http://kraftfoods.com/kf
and sign up. So I guess you are allowed to bake a cake for no reason at all. Right?
Best-Ever Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans. Chop 2 of the chocolate squares; set aside. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Stir in
chopped chocolate. Spoon into prepared pans.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 min. Loosen cakes from sides of pans. Invert onto racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
PLACE frozen whipped topping and remaining 6 chocolate squares in microwaveable
bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 1 min. Let stand 15 min. to thicken. Place one cake layer on serving plate; top with one-fourth of the chocolate mixture and second cake layer. Spread top and side with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with almonds. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
I peeked in on Gage napping and found him in this comfortable position. Limber little guy.


15 comments:
ummm...i'm dyng laughing outloud right now at that cute little fella!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!!!! hahaha that's so great. and what the heck are you thinking giving out chocolate cake recipe at the NEW YEAR and while you're a personal trainer for that matter??! YOU ARE THE DEVIL!!!! looks delish!!
Ok, I actually laughed out loud at that picture of Gage. So sweet! Speaking of sweet, that cake looks way yummy! How do you have such a smokin' bod?!
P.S. I looked at the pictures you did for that wedding and they look great! Just when I thought that I couldn't be any more impressed...
YUM!!! Is that what we missed out on tonight? It looks amazing! could we just TRY to find SOMETHING that you are not good at...just to make the rest of us feel better?!?! :)
YUM! That cake looks delicious. And yes, you can always bake/cook for no reason :)
YUMMY. How come I didn't get any of that when I was over this week. Check out my blog...you might recognise some pictures.
That cake looks sick! Maybe you should make it again in say....2 months for the real deal. You got busy with Coco, didn't you....I'm talking about the cake you dirty girl. Big Bro!
Mmmm...that cake looks delicious! I love the Kraft Magazines. I've been getting them in the mail for a few years now! My problem is that I don't try enough of the recipes. I should probably work on making something new once in a while. Thanks for inspiring me!
P.S. Love the picture of Gage!
Cute pic of Gage master. I can only dream of positions like that right now. When we getting together this week? I'm tanned and chubby and ready to hang out if you want. Call me!
Nice cake too. If you are any more productive, I may have to maim you or somehow incapacitate you somehow. You're making the rest of us look bad yo.
Wow, that is a really good picture of me, I love it!!! The cake was yummy though, you did a great job.
I LOVE that magazine- it's where I got some of my favorite recipes!!! I am so excited to see you guys next month- can't wait!!!
That is such a cute picture Gage. You wonder how he can sleep like that.
Hey I noticed Katie said you were coming up next month. When are coming up? We should get togther. I talk to Trisha and Traci a lot. Let me know.
Hey Aubrey! So fun to see your blog and your cute family. I have not seen you guys in so long. Gage is so big now. So dang cute. I am so glad you have a blog so we can atleast keep in touch.
Love
Jenn
Post a Comment