6.23.2008

Mexican Birthday Weekend





So my poor husband has had a "dead tooth" for about 2 years now and it flares up every once in a while. Well our Dentist, Dr. Hollis said that we've waited long enough and that we needed to get him to an endodontist for a root canal. The idea of spending $1300 wasn't that fun. Sooo, Cody researched out a Dentist across the border. So for his birthday weekend we made a trip out of going down to Mexico for his root canal.
It was such a strangely, fun and bizarre weekend. We stayed at this dive in Nogales, AZ and then in the morning Gage woke us up bright and early so we went to this swampy lake that was nearby. The weather was cooler and we were the only ones there.
Then at about 10:00 am we parked our car at the border and walked across. The Dentist picked us up in his Jetta and took us to his office. It was like we were on a different planet. So while Cody got his teeth drilled, Gage and I walked around where all the vendors were trying to sell us their stuff. Gage ended up falling asleep in my arms and so we went back to the Dentist's Office and hung out the rest of the time. Cody said that he felt that it went great and he has no more pain.
I just want to get a little mushy here. Cody is now 29 and we are approaching out 6 year anniversary and I can honestly say that there is no one else in the world I would rather spend my life and eternity with. Even doing the simplest thing, we have so much fun together. I feel so blessed to have him as my best friend forever, Happy Birthday Sweetie.

2 comments:

Petersens said...

YAY! New posts. I love it. Okay, you are for sure the bravest couple...actually since Cody was the one getting drilled, I'll say that he was. What a crazy fun adventure!
I love your last couple of posts. Keep em coming.

Carly said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm excited to get to know Gage better over the next year! I must say, he does seem to like kissing animals...first the real goat and then the fake donkey! I'm excited to see another kissing one of him because I'm sure there will be more!