7.24.2008

Philippine Adventure





































































































































































































We had the best time in the Philippines. It was crazy being in such a foreign place. It felt like 100% humidity and everything was so different. The people were amazing, they totally love Americans, (especially those that can speak their language.) We were a good foot taller and all the girls would blush when Cody would talk to them. We felt like celebrities and were treated like Royalty.

We started off in Manila (the capital) and hit up the shopping, visited Cody's old mission areas, met up with some of his old baptisms and companions, and ate at some weird places. We then caught another flight to the southern most island and stayed at the Pearl Farm Beach Resort. We had our own secluded island all to ourselves and our villa was actually on the water - it was like out of a movie. There we enjoyed the amazing scenery, the best tropical fruits I've ever tasted, deep sea fishing, and just relaxing poolside and beachside. One of the mornings Cody and John went scuba diving while Melyna and I got pampered at the spa. We had a dinner on the beach on our last night while being serenaded.

We could't have asked for more amazing friends to share this all with Johnny and Melyna made the trip so fun. Its hard to sum up a trip like this, but it was for sure a vacation of a lifetime. We appreciate Cody's peeps for watching Gage while we were away, we missed the little guy, but knew he was in good hands. We can't wait for the next opportunity to go back. We loved it.

(the pictures are a little out of order, but I hope you get the idea of what an amazing place the Philippines are.)

11 comments:

Lauren said...

The pictures look amazing- I never would have guessed it would be such a fabulous place to vacation.

Petersens said...

Holy crapola. Your pictures are amazing. I love the ones of the flowers; very pretty. I love ya and am sure glad you're back!

Drew and Tarah said...

wow, you guys really lived it up! amazing! It looks like so much fun!!!

Brandis said...

Holy smokes, heck of a vacation! :) The pictures are beautiful. The mention of yummy tropical fruit made me hungry. I'm going to have to go open a jar of pineapple now...

Woods: said...

How amazing! I'm so glad you guys had such an awesome trip and were able to get a little break before baby girl comes! Your little tummy is so darling and I loved loved loved all the pictures! How fun! What a chance of a lifetime! Can't wait to see you guys when we get back!

Megan said...

wow next time you can pack me in your suitcase. i am glad you had a good time - your pictures are great! i am happy that you are back though.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Unbelievable. Aubs- I'm on vacation right now out of town, but I have had to come back 3 times now to finish getting good looks at this amazing trip. UNBELIEVABLE AUBREY!! You aren't kidding when you said...TRIP OF A LIFETIME. I had no idea it was so beautiful there Aubrey. You two would be very fun to vacation with, I can tell you guys don't waist anytime and you appreciate a new culture like that and want to really live it. So glad you and the baby got home safely!! And had a great time!!

Kristen Woffinden said...

Hey I'm glad you guys had so much fun. We miss you! Can't wait to see your baby girl!

Tyra said...

Im so jealous of your fun trip and of all of the goodies that you brought back.

Steve, Tara and Trevor said...

It looks like a amazing trips! The pictures are beautiful! You look great! Your cute little bump is growing and so adorable!!!

JH said...

Johnny Misses These Days!!!Cant wait to see you you guys soon, cuz a vacation aint even a Party without the Startins!