9.21.2008

Binkie Buddies


As I was clearing off my memory card I found this picture that Megan must have taken while at my house. It made me laugh, but then I realized that Gage looks way to old to be still dependent on his Binkie. So if anyone out there can please help me, I need some advice on weaning my almost 2 year old from his favorite possession.

7 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

i'm no expert because I am dreading taking Maddux's away already, BUT...someone told me to cut the pacifier and still give it to him. they said if you cut the nipple thing on it, that they realize themselves that it doesn't serve it's purpose anymore and they give it up themselves. who knows if it works, but it sounds good, so i think we are going to start trying in a month or two!

Maren said...

try this.....go to the dollar store and buy a big bundle of balloons. let him pick out his favorite ones. then, go to the park and attach his binkie to them and let him release the bundle when he is ready. then say bye bye to the binkie as it floats away. then whenever he asks for it, just remind him that they went bye bye in the sky. it will probably be a sad day or two but he will figure life out without it! better to do it now than before the baby comes? you decide.

Cassie and Joe said...

Well, obviously I haven't had to do this yet. But my sister just had to with her daughter. Just like from the first comment, she cut the nipple and gave it to her and she didn't want it. The next few days she would ask for it, and my sister would give her the cut one, and she would drop it and not want it anymore! Thats all it took! Good luck!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Look at all of these fancy shmancy ideas and suggestions from people!! I'm so old fashioned though...I straight up throw them away and endure 3-4 days of hell and then they're over it!! HAHAHHA you think i'm kidding.. I do the same thing with bottles. I know i'm the devil. That other stuff is too much effort for me. But hey- my kids still know I love them!
Just make sure OUT OF SITE-OUT OF MIND.
I have heard of cutting it though just like CAss said- maybe try that...

Jessica said...

We are having the same problem with Crew. I just threw them away with Brynlee. I said I would do the same with Crew when he turns two. I seem to remember having a couple of rough nights, but they adjust.

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Hey at least you can take it away. Braxton sucks his thumb and he is 3 1/2. You can't take a thumb away. It was so cute when he was little, now I wish he would have never started.

Anonymous said...

mum I would be glad to help , let me come visit and I will introduce him to c-ck, once he has a c-ck in his mouth he will never want another binky and at his age he should have had a c-ck in his mouth long ago